Getting proper treatment is one of the best decisions that someone struggling from any form of addiction could ever make. Though this can often be the most difficult step, it is also the most important as seeking assistance can be considered as a formal start to the treatment and recovery process. It is a way of admitting that the abuse has gone beyond the individual’s control and also recognizing that it has come to an extent wherein professional help has become a necessity.
Due to the massive amount of information and treatment solutions available today, deciding on the details of the addiction program could be an intimidating concept to the person involved. However, since the treatment team plays a major role in the overall effectiveness of any chosen treatment modality, it is very important for a patient to select the best and most suitable treatment center or drug rehab facility that would guide him towards a progressive addiction management and successful recovery.
The team behind the treatment is composed of different professionals playing vital roles within the entire treatment and recovery process. Though each member of the team has varied specializations and responsibilities, they are all unified by a common set of goals – to efficiently help the patient in going through the entire course of the treatment, to assist him in preventing relapse and to provide him proper support in maintaining sobriety and long-term recovery.
Here are the major roles that the team plays in treatment and recovery:
- Providing Proper Diagnosis
Usually done by a psychiatrist or a licensed addiction or rehabilitation specialist, substance abuse diagnosis typically involves a thorough evaluation which is often based on The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5). Published by The American Psychiatric Association, it is a manual to assess and diagnose mental disorders, including drug addiction. During the assessment, the person with suspected substance abuse disorder will also be asked important questions such as the frequency of use, its direct effect on his lifestyle, the pattern of abuse and any withdrawal symptoms.
Over the years, more and more people are seen to have co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders. Therefore, a proper analysis should also include evaluations for dual-diagnosis, especially if the patient is seen to have related symptoms. Since the final diagnosis will be the basis in determining which treatment modality is most suitable for the person involved, accurate findings are crucial in the overall success of the treatment.
- Devising a Well-Suited and Customized Treatment Program
It is important that the treatment providers fully understand the patient’s exact situation as well as the severity of addiction in order to develop a highly personalized treatment plan that has reachable goals. This program should be flexible enough to allow the client to enjoy life, continue working and keep family and relationships intact even while undergoing treatment.
- Providing Medication Assisted Treatment
Since substance abuse disorder can cause severe side effects to the body, the intervention of licensed medical professionals is necessary, especially during the early stages of treatment when the patient deals with the brutal physiological effects of withdrawal. Apart from routine procedures such as monitoring the patient’s vitals, there is also a need to treat any co-occurring medical conditions. Most importantly, the medical team is responsible for the detoxification process, prescriptions and medication management which significantly affect the overall success of the treatment. As addiction is not the same as other known illnesses, it is best to have a doctor with a specialty related to addiction treatment such as psycho-pharmacology.
- Offering Effective Coping Mechanisms and Relapse Prevention Techniques – As the main objective of any addiction treatment team is for the patient to return to a healthy, drug-free lifestyle, they should be able to impart and reinforce proven-effective strategies to cope with drug cravings, consequently preventing relapse. This is usually done through behavioral health treatment and counseling which requires the involvement of a psychiatrist. The help of an addiction counselor or a clinical therapist can also contribute to this area of treatment.
- Giving Post-Treatment Support – The job of a treatment team does not conclude when the rehabilitation program is completed. Since maintaining a sober life after rehab is a real challenge to any substance abuse patient, a continuous post-treatment support is a must. Thus, a client who has just completed rehab should be informed by the treatment facility about his options for continuing support. Whether it’s individual therapy, 12-step programs, follow-up check-ups or support groups, the person involved should still feel that he is not alone in his journey towards maintaining a long term sober living.
What Sets NLR Apart
Next Level Recovery is a team of industry-experienced professionals who have decades of combined education and practice in the fields of Mental Health and Addiction. NLR provides first-class yet affordable treatment and recovery support for people going through alcoholism, drug or substance abuse and mental health issues. We aim to help clients by creating a customized treatment plan which will help them recover from their illness while allowing them to continue living and enjoying life, work and family.
A big part of what makes NLR different is our team of Master’s level clinicians who are certified by respected boards and associations such as The American Board of Addiction Medicine, The American Board of Psychiatry, Neurology General Psychiatry and American Board of Family Medicine. We take pride on the combination of professional skills, knowledge and practice that the members of our treatment team have. The mixture of diverse methods and effective treatment approaches make NLR one of the finest addiction rehab and mental health treatment facilities in Utah.
Apart from knowledge and expertise, we also offer unique services:
- Our personalized outpatient treatment program, delivered in a comforting (non-hospital) environment, is a combination of proven-effective strategies that intends to manage addiction and help our clients maintain long-lasting recovery and sobriety.
- Our sober living housing in Utah, fully furnished with all the amenities, will make you feel relaxed while giving you a sense of structure.
- Our Dual Diagnosis Treatment provides highly personalized and well-organized treatment procedures that are designed to productively address concurrent mental health and addiction problems.
- We build strong connections with our clients as we believe that therapeutic alliance is beneficial in helping them achieve a progressive, comforting and efficient treatment with lasting results.
- We are known for our evidence-based practice and positive treatment outcomes for substance abuse, addiction, mental health care and neurodiversity.
- We take insurance and even offer financing options as our founders, Mike and Reneé Brown, understand the financial struggle that families of patients go through with the rising costs of sober living homes and treatment programs.
Let yourself or your loved ones experience next level treatment from a caring team that only wants what’s best for you. Call (888) 759-5846 to inquire about our services.