Addiction to alcohol leaves individuals and families feeling hopeless. At Next Level Recovery, we recognize that alcohol treatment is not only important to the people struggling with addiction, but also to their families. In the process of treatment, it is normal to feel lonely, weak and overwhelmed. We’re here so you don’t have to go through this alone. We help our patients realize that they are not alone and that they are strong enough to successfully go through treatment and lead happy and sober lives.
Alcohol Treatment, Rehab & Counseling in SLC, Utah
Our proven treatment programs address more than your use of alcohol. We’ll customize your sobriety plan to meet your specific needs and situation. We will address other psychological issues that can accompany Alcohol Use Disorder. Although many people have a drink as a “pick me up,” alcohol depresses the brain. Alcohol lessens your inhibitions, slurs speech, and decreases muscle control and coordination, and may lead to an Alcohol Use Disorder.
When To Start Treatment
Signs of Alcohol Use Disorder:
- Memory loss
- Relationship issues with family, friends, school, and work
- Continuing use of alcohol to cope with problems or to feel “normal”
- Physical symptoms including a headache, anxiety, insomnia, nausea
- Drinking in secret
- Loss of interest in activities that do not involve drinking
- Irresponsible behavior such as involvement in crime or risky sexual activities
- Increased alcohol tolerance
- Neglecting responsibilities such as work, family or school
- Spending increased amount of time drinking
- Irritability and mood swings
- Inability to stop drinking once you start
If you, your family or your friends start to notice these problems, you should seek the help of an alcohol treatment center or alcohol rehab center immediately. Treating the addiction fast helps to reduce further damage to health, relationships, and work of the patient.
Treatment Options for Alcoholism
Treating Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms
95% of people with alcoholism experience withdrawal symptoms when they decide to stop drinking. Common symptoms include; a headache, nausea, sweating, shaking and anxiety. Sometimes, in more serious cases, the symptoms may include; hallucinations, high blood pressure, seizures and confusion. The mild symptoms are usually treated under out-patient care while the serious ones require inpatient alcohol rehab or treatment.
This treatment is basically about staying away from alcohol. It also includes medication for some withdrawal symptoms. The aim is to reduce physical dependence on alcohol and reduce chances of a relapse. It takes about 3-7 days.
Next Level Recovery Alcohol Rehab Center
We identify our patients’ individual situations and needs to customize a sobriety plan for each one of them. We offer more than just alcohol treatment. We equip patients with the skills to get through situations that would otherwise cause a relapse and offer family support. We also offer sober living houses to make the recovery process easier for our patients. We accept insurance plans from most providers in the nation and offer financing options for those who have no health insurance. Alcohol rehab and substance abuse treatment centers help people with alcoholism learn how to live sober lives.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a form of psychotherapy that helps identify and change distorted thinking that can lead to risky or unhealthy behavior. CBT is highly effective for individuals struggling with depression, PTSD, anxiety, OCD, bipolar disorder, addiction, and other mental health conditions. CBT can also be useful in managing emotional challenges, such as grief or loss, chronic pain and relationship conflicts. Untreated chronic, negative and distorted thinking can lead to problematic behaviors and overall dysfunction.
Through a series of one-on-one counseling sessions, CBT teaches specific recognition skills that identify faulty thinking and help modify existing beliefs and apply new, positive and practical techniques.
CBT creates an awareness of how thought patterns create our reality and determine how we behave. For instance, someone suffering from depression is experiencing cognitive errors. These errors produce automatic, spontaneous and distorted thinking. These cognitive errors can lead to a negative mindset and cause a person to jump to negative conclusions that are riddled with catastrophe.
CBT helps stop negative thinking by identifying situations in your life that might be producing unwanted results. Recognizing the patterns, behaviors and thinking that are contributing to your challenges is the first step.
You’ll learn to:
- Utilize a thought record, journal, voice recorder or app
- Re-align distorted thoughts
- Control and balance reactions
- Accurately self-evaluate and align emotions correctly
This treatment method uses recreational activities such as art and dance to establish problems and needs, build confidence, develop better coping mechanisms, improve cognitive functioning and build social skills.
A good alcohol treatment center makes all the difference in your recovery process. Contact us now for help. You may also visit us in Salt Lake City to get your treatment started.
Our clinicians help you set attainable goals while learning to cope with everyday situations and triggers that might lead to relapse. You will learn how to manage stress and develop coping strategies through evidence-based modalities and experiential activities. Finding the right program to treat and manage your addiction recovery is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Your willingness to explore treatment solutions is the first step to recovery. We invite you to call us and discuss possible treatment solutions today.
Next Level Recovery is conveniently located in Salt Lake City – Contact Us for Help Today
- Next Level Recovery, I can honestly say was perfectly the place for me to smoothly make my transition from in- patient treatment into reality.Jenifer Roylance-Franco
- The staff is very caring and took time to help me solve problems and get back on my feet. It is a very safe and healing environment!Janis Angeles
- I am currently attending NLR, I love it here. What's so great about it is they teach you emotion regulation. Therapist...Jennifer S.
- Compassionate and relatable staff while you go through some of the toughest times in your life.Alyssa Bailey
- Next Level Recovery has changed my life in such a positive way. Night or day, they're there!Ericka Heath
- The staff here is great. The receptionist is great.Brian Clark
- The structure and support that sober living offers me is amazing and has been a real blessing in my life.Kevin Nock
- Great staff, very dedicated.Michelle M
- Amazing recovery center. Their results are unbeatable. They approach it from all aspects of cause and treat in a very comprehensive manner.Dr. D.