Pornography addiction in Utah is a real problem that many people fail to recognize. The signs and symptoms are pretty similar too. With the growing availability of pornographic material especially on the internet, the problem keeps escalating. It is estimated that in every second, 28,258 people are watching porn on the internet. Pornography makes up to 35% of all downloads. While this may not sound like a problem, it is sad to note that approximately 200,000 American citizens are struggling with pornography addiction.
It is the time to mend broken relationships and get back to living a healthy life. If you or a loved one are struggling with pornography addiction in Utah, Next Level Recovery can help. We offer free assessments and take insurance. If you don’t have insurance, ask us about our 0% interest financing options.
Signs of Porn Addiction
- Prioritizing porn over other activities: People with pornography addiction tend to spend too much time viewing porn. When pornography takes over an individual’s life so much that they have little to no time for day to day activities, they may need to get help. Pornography addiction may cause one to lose track of time when they start viewing pornography material.
- Inability to stop viewing porn: Pornography may lead to loss of jobs, ruined relationships, poor sexual performance, and regret. These are all enough reason to quit. If, however, one is unable to stop viewing porn despite the consequences, they may be suffering from addiction.
- Guilt: Suffering from pornography addiction brings about feelings of shame and guilt. Most people with sexual addiction try as much as possible to keep their porn viewing habits secret. When confronted about it, they may deny and get upset or angry. If they admit it, they may still lie about the extent to which they use porn
- Viewing unusual content: As one continues to view porn, they start to develop an interest in the weird content. ‘Regular’ porn starts to appear too boring. They develop an interest in abnormal fetishes. They may even start viewing illegal material. This is a sign of pornography addiction
- Losing interest in sex: Since sex doesn’t usually measure up to scenes from pornography scenes, people with pornography addiction tend to lose interest. They may develop new, unusual tastes.
- Using pornography to deal with stress: People with pornography addiction tend to rely on pornography as a crutch to deal with stress. This is not only unhealthy but also a complete waste of time since the real cause of stress is not addressed.
Pornography Addiction Rehabilitation
The dangers posed by pornography addiction cannot be ignored. If untreated, it can cause; broken relationships, loss of finances, poor performance at school or work, low self-esteem, and mental disorders. Fortunately, there are proven ways to help patients recover.
The first step is admitting to the problem and acknowledging that one needs help. This may be one of the most difficult things to do but it is necessary. The next step is to contact Next Level Recovery for a personalized treatment plan. With proper treatment, those afflicted by pornography addiction should make a full recovery.
Get Pornography Addiction Rehabilitation at Next Level Recovery
If you recognize your problem and feel the need to start the journey back to a healthy life, contact Next Level Recovery. We are a mental health counseling and recovery treatment center in Utah. At Next Level Recovery, we deal with addictions of all kind and depression and offer to counsel. We help those with addictions overcome guilt and shame and treat our clients with love, dignity, and respect. We offer free assessments, financing, and personalized program. If you fail to treat addiction as early as possible, it may end up having long-term effects on your life.